Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Shopping to help the Bac Lieu 16

Did you know that the families cannot visit their children or contribute to their welfare? Did you know you can?

Mothersinaction4VN
CLICK HERE TO SHOP
We are three mothers who each had an opportunity to spend time living amongst an amazing people, many of whom are struggling with poverty. We cannot forget Vietnam, or the people we met there.

In 2009, the three of us watched a video about a young boy living in the Tam Binh 2 orphanage located in Sài Gòn, a video that touched us deeply. That video set into motion the events that would lead to Mothers In Action for Vietnam. We began a dialogue about finding a way to unite the large number of bloggers we know for a common purpose. We started researching non-profit groups working in Vietnam with one goal in mind: to bring medical aid to disadvantaged children, orphans and families. In that spirit, we hope to partner with various non-profits in Vietnam by sponsoring projects that align with our goals and passions.

This idea has been born out of a great passion to see what kind of good we could do if we all united to support a series of projects with different organizations. It is our hope that with enough support, we will be able to expand our partnerships to encompass projects in the areas of orphan care, family preservation, HIV/AIDs care and education. It is in honor of our sons that we have united to form Mothers in Action for Vietnam.


Currently we are raising funds to assist the following:

Bac Lieu Social Sponsor Center, Back Lieu, Viet Nam is a small orphanage (2 rooms in a former prison) currently housing 16 children supervised by two caretakers. The children are all nearing four years old; two of whom have Hepatitis B and are not receiving regular medical treatment or monitoring. Bac Lieu is a very rural and poor province. While the orphanage receives some support from the government, on average, the children eat approximately one cup of rice per day. All of the children are showing signs of malnutrition and starvation. The children, who have been identified as orphans, were referred to families prior to the Vietnam/US adoption shutdown, but are now stuck in limbo.
Our focus and interest is in the immediate and long term care of these children and to insure that they and their caretakers receive regular and adequate food, clothing, bedding, toothbrushes, toys and vitamins. We are not in any way involved with the referred families, their former agencies or any aspect of their stalled adoptions. However, we were moved deeply after finding out about their desperate living conditions via another adoptive mother who is knowledgeable about their situation and has recently visited the province herself.
Monetary donations specifically for the above mentioned needs are being processed through an organization called Chances for Children, a nonprofit located in Scottsdale, AZ. 100% of all funds for Bac Lieu will go directly to the purchasing and delivery of supplies to these children. There is one person designated in the United States to oversee this and one person in Viet Nam designated to personally deliver all supplies.

US customers: Your donation is tax deductible. If you are interested in receiving a tax receipt from Chances for Children for your purchase, please indicate that in 'note to seller' or convo us.


www.mothersinactionforvietnam.wordpress.com

2 comments:

  1. I'm very honoured to have supported the Bac Lieu orphange with the purple crush brooch. Wishing and praying for your children to come home soon. (can Canadians sign the petition?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loan Opportunity Offered By Mr, Benjamin That Save My Family From Financial Bondage {  247officedept@gmail.com  }

    Hello Everyone, I am Putri Adiratnaa single mom from Jakarta, I would like to share this great testimony on how I got a loan from Mr, Benjamin, when we were driven out of our home when I couldn't pay my bills anymore, After being scammed by various companies online and denied a loan from my bank and some other credit union I visited. My children were taken by foster care, I was all alone in the street. The day I shamefully walked into an old school mate who introduced me to Daisy Maureen. At first I told her that I am not ready to take any risk of requesting a loan online anymore, but she assured me that I will receive my loan from them. On a second thought, due to my homelessness I had to take a trial and applied for the loan, luckily for me I received a loan of $80,000.00 from Mr, Benjamin. I'm happy I took the risk and applied for the loan. My kids have been given back to me and now I own a home and a business of my own. All thanks and gratitude goes to  the help of Mr, Benjamin for giving me a meaning to life when I had lost all hope. If you are currently seeking loan assistance, you can contact them via: {247officedept@gmail.com    WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete